Asiawood Hospitality Management, a Jakarta-based company, provides management, development, branding and repositioning services for full-service, independent hotels owned by third-parties. Our extensive experience in hotel, resort, and tourism development also operations has enabled us to stay ahead of market trends and generate excellent returns for a growing list of investors. From property location to space planning, from staffing to marketing, we have the know-how strategy, industry knowledge and the resources to deliver the right product to the right market For further information.
Being a professional hotel chain with “high quality” of hospitality services and “high achievement” of revenues.
Provide the best hospitality services to its customers / hotel guest, through professionalism and proper operational procedures by the hotel management professional team.
Creating an efficient and optimum hospitality product based on the analysis and effectiveness of development strategy and oriented on the market’s needs in order to achieve the best return on investment to the hotel owner
Asiawood Hospitality Management as the hotel operator will be actively involved starting from the planning / design, construction period, past and future hotel opening hotel operations. This scope of work will be divided into 2 phases Which are Pre Opening Phases and Post Opening Phases
- Preparing Term Of refference (TOR) based on market analysis that has been done.
- Prepare FS outline (Financial Study) based on the hotel construction estimation cost .
- Hotel technical guidance by technical team
- Technical review during construction
- HR system setup including SOP
- Preparing FF&E (Furniture, furnishing, and equipment
- Preparing hotel marketing system
- Opening program coordination
- Running a marketing strategy that has been prepared since before opening. Operator will have a wider duty-scale as of national and international market. develop connections with various institutions related to the hotel market, OTA, travel agents, promotion, exhibition, etc.
- To coordinate the operations of properties either individually or in a hotel chain / network. Hotel manager will be responsible for the hotel its day to day operations with the assistance of corporate operations manager.